- A competition to test your knowledge of physics, emphasizing creativity and fun.
- The events are open to local high school and Foothill College students.
- Friday May 30, 2014 - 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Foothill College PSEC (4400 Building, near parking lot 4, parking costs $3)
- Where do I get the materials?
- You supply the materials. Keep cost in mind when designing your project, just like a real engineering project.
- How many can be on a team?
- It is up to your instructor. Check with them first. The Physics Olympics doesn't have limits, as we prefer to leave it up to the individual instructors.
- What types of events are there?
- We try to have two types of events: one that requires you to build something ahead of time to compete and a "walk up" event. We typically have two of each type. The events that require building something often substitue for a lab.
- What should I bring with me?
- If you are competing in one of the events that requires you to build something, it must be done ahead of time. Do not show up two hours before the competition looking for a place to build your project. Come with it built, tested, and ready to go.
If you are doing a walk up event, you do not need to bring anything. Just show up and participate.