Transfer Center Library
The Career/Transfer Center library houses a fairly extensive library of resources to assist students in researching majors, occupations, colleges, programs, scholarships, job listings, internships, labor market information, companies, salaries, and transfer opportunities.
The CTC Library is open to all students and visitors.
Books may be used in the CTC, but may not be checked out.
Sample of Resources Listed by Category:
General Career References.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- Dictionary of Holland Occupational Codes
- What Color is Your Parachute?
- How to Choose a College Major
- The College Majors Handbook
- Index of Majors & Graduate Degrees
- Careers without College (series)
- Opportunities in
- 100 Best Careers for the ___ Century
- Part - Time Careers
- Health Professions Directory
Job Search Related
- Job Search Secrets
- No One is Unemployable
- Dare to Change Your Job and Your Life
- The SF Area Job Bank
- Hidden Job Market
- Idiots Guide to the Perfect Resume
- Electronic Resume Revolution
- 200 Letters for Job Hunters
- Top Internships
- Gourman Report College Ratings
- Petersons 2- and 4-year Colleges
- Petersons Competitive Colleges
- Internet University
- Ruggs Recommendations on the Colleges
- College Money Handbook
Computer Resources / Programs: (Note: All CTC computers have Internet access.)
- EUREKA- The California Career Information System Database of
current information and descriptions of occupations, majors, military
opportunities, training programs, schools, job search and resume writing
information and short assessment exercises.
- College Source: College catalogs on CD ROM; College searches.
www.jobtrak.com Listing of current jobs and internships, career
fairs, resume and job search / interview tips, etc.
- Cal Jobs
www.caljobs.ca.gov Listing of local job opportunities, ability
to put your resume on-line.
Note: Additional career/transfer related Web sites available in handout form from the Career and Transfer Center.
Top of page
February 01, 2013