Tools for Faculty
Faculty determine credit for Advanced Placement (AP) and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. This page contains tools to assist faculty in understanding advanced placement credit and to learn more about university acceptance of advanced placement credit.
All attached document correspond to the list below.
- Current Foothill Advanced Placement Credit Policy (pdf, 26KB)
- ASCCC Rostrum Article by David DeGroot: Now is the Time for Systemwide Advanced Placement (AP) Policies & Procedures (pdf, 160KB)
- ASCCC Rostrum Article by David DeGroot: California Community College (CCC) General Education (GE) Advanced Placement (AP) List (pdf, 520KB)
- ASCCC Rostrum Article by Kate Clark & David DeGroot: AP, IB, 5-6-7, 3-4-5? What is it All About and Why Should Faculty Care?
- ASCCC Resolution of Advanced Placement Credit Spring 2008 (pdf, 40KB)
- Proposed CCC AP Equivalency List (Fall 2008) (pdf, 87KB)
- Sample CCC Catalog description regarding AP credit application (pdf, 76KB)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Overview (pdf, 272KB)
- California Postsecondary Commission Update on International Baccalaureate (pdf, 92KB)
- UC/CSU IGETC Policy regarding AP credit (pdf, 12KB)
- Advanced Placement Background document (pdf, 80KB)
- Washington Post article on IB (pdf, 60KB)
- College Board Advanced Placement web site for college faculty