A PROGRAM WITH A PURPOSE
Innovation • Achievement • Success
Dean of Foothill Global Access
Distance & Mediated Learning
Office: (650) 949-7388
Tech Training Specialist
Foothill Global Access
Office: (650) 949-7566
Foothill Global Access
Office: (650) 949-7446
Vice President of Student Services
Office: (650) 949-7524
The Professional Development program at Foothill is a top college priority.
We are facing so many new challenges with technology, accreditation,
Generation Z students, returning veterans and more, that we believe it
is important to provide new "tools" and resources to support faculty and
staff to effectively support student learning. The Professional Development
program includes funds for conference travel and participation, a robust
calendar of workshops and events, and numerous online training opportunities-
all designed to support the continuous development of knowledge and skills
for the Foothill campus community. Our programs are open to all FHDA
Want to schedule or request a Professional Development event?
Please use our new Form to let us know about any professional development opportunities that you want us to schedule and promote.
Tips for Writing a Great Program Review
Monday, 11/25 at 11 am - 12:30 pm in Toyon Room - Please Register!
Tuesday, 12/3 at 12:00 PM - 1:30 pm in Toyon Room - Please Register!
Come to a lively session about Program Review and get questions answered from Kimberlee Messina and the Office of Instruction staff. We will review successful program review writing strategies and how to analyze data, along with logistics of TracDat and any question you might have. All faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to attend.
Faculty and Staff Professional Development Day I
Friday, January 24th
Details to be posted soon.
Faculty and Staff Professional Development Day II
3CMS - Reading Apprenticeship
Details to be posted soon.
Via the Internet
Available on-demand for Foothill College employees. Please contact Judy Baker for access information.
- At-Risk Populations
- Campus Safety
- Organizational Development
- Student Success
- Teaching and Learning
iStream from League for Innovation in the Community College
- Conference Presentations – keynote and special session videos, PowerPoint presentations from the League's international conferences
- Professional Development Modules – programs that provide faculty and staff comprehensive teaching
and learning practices with online and hybrid materials, real- and any-time progressive learning
activities, and assessment strategies (From LENs and Getting Results)
- Webinars – front-row, free seating to practical, thought-provoking workshops and webinars that are
relevant to community colleges today
- eLearning Courses – open access, or discounted options, focused on Open Educational Resource courses
and programs, featuring an array of workforce and specialty online learning programs
- Publications – unlimited 24/7 access to full-length electronic versions of books, monographs, and
reports published by the League – available to everyone at your institution
- Partners Spotlight – the latest product developments, features, and services from state-of-the-latest
companies that serve the community college and higher education field
- League Projects –ground-breaking contributions from League board and member colleges covering
innovative programs, critical issues, and the developing needs in community colleges
- 10 Questions – promotes professional, candid, and intriguing responses from leaders in a variety of
roles. Faculty and staff in leadership positions will gain valuable insight into how successful leaders
- Create Your Own Account and Log In Today!
- Go to http://www.league.org/istream
- Click on Create Your iStream Account button
- Select your institution from the dropdown box
- Enter your first and last name, and institutional email address
- Click on Submit
- You will receive a confirmation email with further instructions for logging in and creating your password.
- Sign up to receive iStream Updates, the monthly email highlighting special features and announcing new items exclusively available through iStream. Click on subscribe.
On-going, Year-round Professional Development
- Plan and Attend Heritage Month Meetings and Events
EMPLOYEES are needed on STUDENT-LED Heritage Month Planning Committees to plan a whole month of events!
- Cultural celebrations occur at Foothill from January through June.
- January is Jewish Heritage Month
- February is Black History Month
- March is Women's History Month
- April is Asian Pacific Islander Month
- May is Latino Heritage Month
- June is LGBT Month!
- Heritage Month Planning
- Committees meet weekly for an average of 6 months to year-round. Faculty/staff can earn PAA/PGA credit for planning and attending the Heritage Month events. To get involved, please contact Erin Ortiz (x7060).
- Become a Club Advisor
Club Advisors are required for a Club to exist. Club Advisors sign up committing to be present at official club meetgins, events and to sign on the account. Most Clubs meet weekly, not during Summer. Foothill typically has 50 per quarter that include Academic, Athletic, Departmental, Political, Recreational, Religious, Social and Special Interest. To get involved, please contact Erin Ortiz (x7060).
Faculty and Staff Mentor Exchange
We now have an easy way for faculty and staff to share their expertise. This is an online learning community where you can get help from peers, 24/7, for free.
Join the Foothill College Faculty and Staff Mentor Exchange
- Go our Mentor Exchange.
- Click Register now and complete the form. Be sure to write down the password you created!
- You will receive an email that your Mentor Exchange site membership has been approved within 24 hours
- Return to the Mentor Exchange site and Log In
- For peer guidance, post a question to the group and in return, respond to questions posted by others.