- Home >>
- Outreach: Summer Bridge Math
Summer Bridge Math Program
Every student is different, and math can be more of a challenge for some students. Many students arrive at Foothill and discover that they must take several pre-algebra courses before they are able to enroll in college-level math classes. Often, this may be because the student experiences math anxiety, didn’t score high marks on the math placement test, or may have a few gaps in their math knowledge. The Summer Bridge Math Program is an opportunity to work with students to improve placement testing scores by helping them master key math concepts. With this foundational knowledge they will be successful and earn good grades in math courses, including intermediate algebra and beyond.
The Foothill College Summer Bridge Math Program is funded in part through the Basic Skills Initiative Grant from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
- Recent high school graduate and enrolling at Foothill College for the first time
- Never taken Foothill's placement math test
- Took Foothill's math placement test and results placed you in a lower math class but you believe that you're capable of doing well in higher-level math courses
Benefits of taking this seminar
- In two weeks will retain more math knowledge, remember math concepts and be better prepared to succeed in Foothill College math classes
- Review and improve math skills in an affordable seminar
- Prepare for the math placement test in a stimulating environment
- Be eligible for early registration for Fall Quarter 2013 classes (great perk because classes fill quickly and get first pick of courses)