The Peer Advising program in the EOPS department at Foothill College is an
important entity designed to help student achieve success in their educational
endeavors. Second year students, with a GPA of at least 3.0 and in excellent
standing with the EOPS department will serve as peer advisors.
Peer Advisors are not counselors, but they are available to help students.
The Goals of the EOPS Peer Advising program are aimed to promote the
academic achievement among our students:
- The role of peer advisors is to encourage and monitor EOPS/CARE students
as they progress at Foothill College. This program clearly embraces the
concept of "students reaching out to students" at work.
- Be knowledgeable about the general services provided by the EOPS
department and Foothill College in order to familiarize and acquaint
students to the available resources.
- Ease the transition of first-year students from high school to college
life and provide support for continuing students.
- It is also important that peer-advisors take an active stance to ensure
that EOPS/CARE students are informed and empowered.
- Help first-year students adjust to college
- Monitor student's educational progress
- Facilitate appointments for EOPS counselors
- Encourage and support students
- Ensure appropriate referrals to on-campus resources
- Simplify student's transition between each quarter
For more information, please contact