John Schaffert, M.S.Chemistry Instructor Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Engineering Division
(650) 239-3626 email@example.comFoothill campusOffice Hours:
Mondays & Wednesdays 4:30-5:30 pm (rm 4431) Comments:
** CHEM 30B-03 CRN 30407 WINTER 2016 **Schedule: Course information: Last update:
Lecture: Mon. & Wed. 5:30-7:20pm rm 4813
Lab: Wed. 7:30-10:20pm rm 4719
-turn in Exp 3 Report (do Post-lab on-line <5pm)
*Don't forget to write the mass of the filter paper and the Theoretical Yield from Exp 3 into Exp 4 Data (page 35). *
-Ch 18 - proteins
(do PreLab4 < 5pm)
-Exp 4 Analysis of Aspirin
Recommended Homework from text:
1. I believe there is a mistake in the drawing for MC Question 17 #54. The 6 member ring on the left should have alternating double bonds.
2. My simplified rules for categorizing amino acid SIDE CHAINS:
A. Has Oxygen
- a.1 if carboxylic acid group => ACIDIC
- a.2 else => POLAR NEUTRAL (amide and alcohol groups)
B. No Oxygen but has Nitrogen => BASIC
C. Has only Carbon and Hydrogen (or just H) => NONPOLAR NEUTRAL
(Don't worry about exception Tryptophan and the two Sulfur containing amino acids. For Mastering Chemistry, just open the Hints or look them up in Table 18.3)
3. Midterm 2 is Wednesday 2/17. Study Guide posted below.
2016-02-09 Search Time: 0.382 secs.
Click here to start a new search.