Hours of Operation
As a Foothill College student, you join a community of scholars who are committed to excellence in the teaching and learning process. We expect that all students will pursue their studies with integrity and rigor.
PSME Center assistance is offered on a drop-in basis. Appointments are not necessary. During Fall, Winter and Spring quarters, PSME Center hours* are:
Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Closed July 4th.
*Hours listed are subject to change. To verify center hours, call (650) 949-7042.
Appropriate Student Conduct & Etiquette
- Course success is primarily your responsibly. To that end, PSME Center faculty, staff and tutors are here to help you. Be polite to them. These people spend their entire day helping students. You can make their task more enjoyable if you treat them nicely.
- It is a violation of the Foothill College academic honesty policy to ask PSME Center tutors/faculty to do your homework for you or check all your homework problems. Tutors and faculty who work in the PSME Center will report such violations to your instructor.
- It is a violation of the Foothill College academic honesty policy to request a PSME Center staff member help you with projects and other special problems for which your instructor has specifically directed you to work alone or with classmates. Tutors and faculty who work in the PSME Center will report such violations to your instructor.
- Generally, tutors may spend about 10 minutes with each student. If you feel you need more help than this time limit permits, you may sign up again.
- Tutors will help you get started on a problem. You are then responsible for making a genuine effort to progress through the problem before requesting help again.
- Be certain that you have made a genuine attempt to solve the problem before you request additional help. This attempt ensures that the tutor will have an idea of how best to assist you in solving the problem.
- You are responsible for planning and providing adequate time to receive tutoring from PSME Center staff. Schedule your time in the PSME Center well in advance of your assignment's deadline.
- Not all PSME Center faculty and staff are able to assist you with all levels of PSME courses taught at Foothill College. Help in areas such as multivariable calculus, linear algebra or differential equations may be available on a limited basis.
Top of page