Learn how to get the most out of Foothill's online courses by attending a free workshop designed to give students a face-to-face orientation to Etudes, the software that most Foothill instructors use to teach online classes. Two orientation sessions will be presented; attend the one that works best for your schedule. No registration is required. You need only attend one session. Foothill Etudes Orientations will be presented:
• Tuesday, Sept. 23, 12:30–2 p.m.; and
• Wednesday, Sept. 24, 3–4:30 p.m.
The first part of the workshop will cover a variety of topics, including:
• What is Etudes?;
• Computer and Web browser requirements;
• How to log in and get set up;
• Navigating the course website;
• Foothill College details (CWID, and e-mail address); and
• Getting help.
The second part of the presentation will address these topics:
• Viewing lectures;
• Completing assignments;
• Participating in class discussions; and
• Taking tests and quizzes.
If you're not able to attend one of the on-campus orientation sessions, you can access the online version of the orientation at http://www.foothill.edu/fga/etudes_orientation.php.