Welcome to the Foothill College STEM Internship Program!
How to Apply
To apply for STEM internship, please completed the following steps:
- STEM Online Application Form:
Foothill students must complete the application for STEM internship.
- Letter of Recommendation Form:
The letter of recommendation is going to be completed by an individual
who recommends the applicant for the STEM internship.
This is a unique initiative that matches students majoring in STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) fields with internships at local universities
and private companies. This is the fifth year the internship program has helped
students gain real world experience in laboratories to conduct cutting-edge research
in various fields of science, as well as make connections with scientists and industry
Application Packet include:
- Cumulative 3.00 GPA or higher in STEM classes.
- Be enrolled in at least one STEM class at Foothill College during the
duration of the internship program (Fall, Winter and Spring).
- Maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA through the duration of the internship program.
- Must be able to spend at least 10-15 hours per week during the academic year
(excluding Finals Week and holidays) conducting research or participating in the
internship at the discretion of your supervisor.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to the internship.
- Please complete the STEM Online Application Form.
- A current resume with all work experience, formal education and training (PDF or Word).
- A cover letter detailing your background, qualifications, academic and career
goals, and how this work experience can help you to achieve these goals (PDF or Word).
- Unofficial transcripts for completed courses (PDF, or scanned image).
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be completed by an instructor. Faculty should use our online recommendation form.
Timeline of 2014 - 2015 Academic Year Application Process
Applications open: Monday, June 9, 2014
Application, resume, cover letter & recommendations due: October 3rd, 2014
Notification of interview offer: October 2014
Internship period: November 2014 - June 2015
June 2015 through August 2015 (optional): Extension of Internship dependent on employers' needs.
Note: Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations to complete
the application process should notify Phuong Tran at (650) 949-7208 in the Internship
Office at time of application.
If you have any questions, please contact Phuong Tran,
email@example.com or (650) 949-7208.