Welcome to the Foothill College
Social Science Research Assistant Internship Program
offered in collaboration with
Institute for Research in the Social Sciences (IRiSS), Stanford University
How to Apply
To apply for Social Science internship, please completed the following steps:
- Social Science Online Application Form:
Foothill students must complete the application for Social Science internship.
- Letter of Recommendation Form:
The letter of recommendation is going to be completed by an individual
who recommends the applicant for the Social Science internship.
The Social Science Research Assistant Internship Program matches Foothill College
students interested in social science research and careers with volunteer internships
at social science research labs at Stanford University. You will serve as a research
intern with graduate and postdoctoral researchers in psychology, sociology,
psychophysiology, education, communications, and other social science related disciplines.
- Successful completion of one quarter of participation in the Foothill-Stanford
Research Experience Program (REP) in a Foothill social science class.
- Ability to dedicate at least 3 hours per week to the internship (minimum 6
hours per week for Summer interns), at the discretion of your internship supervisor.
(Maximum commitment is generally 15 hours per week.) Finals week and college
- Ability to provide your own transportation to the internship.
- Ability to participate a minimum of two consecutive quarters. (Summer participation
may be one quarter only or continue into Fall.)
- Be enrolled in at least one social science class at Foothill College
during the internship period (Summer quarter excluded).
- A current resume with all work experience, formal education and training
(PDF or Word Format)
- A paragraph describing social science areas of interest
- Unofficial transcripts for completed courses (PDF or scanned image)
- Two letter of recommendations
Timeline of 2013 -2014 Academic Year Application Process
Winter-Spring Interns (Apply in Fall 2013)
Applications open: Monday, September 30, 2013
Application, resume, & recommendations due: Monday, October 21
Notification of interview offer: Wednesday, October 30th
Interviews: November 4-8
Internship period: January 6 - May 30, 2014 (Winter-Spring)
Spring-Summer Interns (Apply in Winter)
Applications open: Tuesday, January 13, 2014
Application, resume, & recommendations due: Monday, February 10
Notification of interview offer: Wednesday, February 19
Interviews: February 24-28
Internship period: April 7-August 8, 2014 (Spring-Summer)
Summer Interns, Summer-Fall Interns, Fall-Winter Interns (Apply in Spring)
Applications open: Monday, April 14, 2014
Application, resume, & recommendations due: Monday, May 5
Notification of interview offer: Wednesday, May 14
Interviews: May 19-23
July 1-August 28, 2014 (Summer)
July 1- December 5, 2014 (Summer-Fall)
September 22 - December 5, 2014 (Fall-Winter)