SEVIS is an electronic reporting system mandated by Congress and used to maintain immigration records of F-1 and J-1 visa applications. The program requires that F-1 and J-1 visa applicants pay a SEVIS I-901 fee. Each student issued an initial Form I-20 is responsible for paying this fee.
You can also pick up a packet of information about the SEVIS fee at the International Student Office in Room 5922.
- You can fill out the form and pay by credit card online at www.fmjfee.com. Payment option by mail is also available. Print your receipt and bring it with you to the visa interview.
- If the SEVIS fee is not paid before the interview, your interview may be cancelled and you will not receive a visa .
- Continuing students: If you are a continuing F-1 student who has maintained status and has not completed program of study or are transferring/changing program levels, and not been out of the United States for more than 5 months, you are not required to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- More detailed information on who needs to pay the SEVIS fee is included on the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Web site.
- For more information and instructions for the SEVIS I-901 fee payment, please refer to the ICE Web site.