Inspiration to Enjoy — Campus Life & Facilities
- The American Institute of Architects has honored our campus as "the most beautiful community college ever built." A new chapter was launched recently with the construction of award-winning buildings including modern Campus Centers, Life Sciences, Performing Arts and Environmental Studies Centers.
- Foothill and De Anza Colleges inspire students to enjoy campus life and facilities, to become leaders, to get engaged in more than 60 clubs, varsity athletics and intramural teams, newspaper, radio station, and cultural heritage months, and to participate in our elected student government which manages a half-million dollar budget.
- Outstanding campus facilities include leading edge computer and multimedia Labs, Broadcast Media Center, dental clinic, soccer and football stadiums, golf and tennis complex, Olympic-size swimming pools, art museum, Planetarium, bamboo garden, fantastic fitness facilities including dance and yoga studio, gym, indoor cycling, basketball and softball; and many award-winning buildings, such as Performing Arts Center and IDEA center, a dedicated music recording/digital video/interactive design lab.
Exclusively for International Students:
- New students participate in a mandatory orientation with comprehensive academic, immigration and cultural counseling.
- What distinguishes us from other colleges is extensive staff support with six full-time counselors on each campus devoted to international students; services such as academic counseling, tax filing software assistance and more.
- Special activities are designed for students to make the best out of their experience in America, to expand horizons and meet new friends: new student field trips around Bay Area, free tickets to Celebrity Forum (with such speakers as Bill Cosby, Mikhail Gorbachev, Bill Clinton), annual Ice-Skating Trip, International Film Festival and International Education Week, Thanksgiving Dinner and International Night — the biggest multicultural event on the Foothill campus.