Online Learning Tour
Online students must log onto the course several times during the week, and especially early in the week to see what is due so that they can schedule time to complete reading and writing assignments, contribute to discussions, and take any tests that might be scheduled.
Here is a typical day of an online student:
1. Log onto the course.
2. Go to the classroom (or calendar) to see what is due. Many instructors post announcements online rather than email them. Be sure to check this area first.
3. Go to the Discussion forum.
4. Check email and respond to urgent messages.
5. Schedule time to complete readings, other assignments, and to take quizzes or exams.
6. Submit homework (via email, the assignment desk, or in the forum).
The order, importance, and types of tasks may vary from course to course. Please refer to the Course Information available on our website for specific information per course and instructor.
~ Click on NEXT to continue ~
This orientation was originally developed by Vivie Sinou as part of a grant from the Chancellor's Office, CA, 1999-00, and was adapted for Foothill College. The webpages were designed with ideas from Maricopa Center for Learning & Instruction, Illinois Online Network, and input from members of the California Community College Distance Learning Consortium.