Etudes Guides: Import from Site and Set New Base Date
Import Content from One Site to Another
- Click on the TAB of your new site.
- Click on Site Info.
- Click on 'Import from Site' (far right)
- Choose the site from where you want to import content
- Choose materials that you want to import (i.e. Modules, Announcements, Assignments, Tests & Surveys, Schedule, Syllabus, etc.).
- Finish the process to complete the importation.
Set New Base Date and Adjust Your Dates
- Under "Site Info" in your new course site, click on "Set Base Date" (new link to the right of Import from Site).
- Etudes will find and show you the earliest date in your site (Current Base Date). Look at your calendar to determine the equivalent date for the upcoming term so that your dates move forward proportionately. Click on the calendar widget and enter it in the NEW Base Date field. Note the year.
- Click on Update. Your dates will be adjusted forward or back, relative to the new base date that you added. Review your dates and make any adjustments as needed for holidays, etc.
Activity Meter and Course Map
You can enable these new tools in a DEV site to check them out or enable
them in your summer or fall course site. To do this, go to Site Info >
Edit Tools > select Activity Meter and Course Map then click Continue.