Resources for Students Who Are New to Online Learning
If you are new to online learning at Foothill, we recommend that you -
Access to Your Online Course
- Most students will not be able to login to online courses until the first day that the quarter starts.
- View details about our fully online courses at Course Info.
- An Etudes User ID and Password are needed in order to login to most online courses that use Etudes. For details, see Login Instructions.
- Non-Etudes classes
- Access to some online courses is NOT available via Etudes, please check Course Information
- Or contact the instructor directly for details. Use the Faculty Directory to contact instructors.
- Also, be sure to check for email from your instructor at the email account that you provided when you applied for admission to Foothill College.
Your Etudes Account
- Please CHECK to be sure that your Etudes account has your current email address so that you will receive Announcements and Private Messages from your instructor!
In some courses, copyright materials (e.g., readings, videos, pictures, or other assets) are provided to students or used as a part of the educational delivery. Students are advised to not share or otherwise distribute these copyright materials outside of the online course.
Off-Campus Library Services
Find books and journals that you need for classes at our new Off-Campus Library Services website or if you aren't sure what you need, Ask a Librarian.
Class Full? Request an Add Code during the first week of the Summer Session
If the fully online class that you want is full, try requesting an Add Code via MyPortal.