Are you a new student at Foothill?
Visit the New Students page for instructions on accessing services.

Middlefield Students please contact our main office at (650) 949-7017 to set up services at the Middlefield Campus.

Are you a returning student?
Be sure to request accommodations for the quarter
  • Request your accommodations on here. Be sure to give yourself at least 1 week before your exam to make a request. Remember we cannot guarantee your accommodations if you request it with less than 1 week's notice!
  • Contact your instructor about your accommodations. Please be sure to do this or your accommodations may not be acknowledged or provided.
  • If you and your instructor decide to use the testing center, then schedule your test at the testing center.
If you haven't been to Foothill for at least 3 quarters, please contact our main office for a counseling and intake appointment at (650) 949-7017.

Alternate Path for Requesting Accommodations
The student who is requesting accommodations who does not wish to utilize college Disability Resource Center services may call, (650) 949-7332. The student must provide an official Verification of Disability signed by an appropriate professional.

Grievance Process and Procedure for Students
What can I do if the DRC refuses my accommodation request?
If the DRC refuses the accommodation and you wish to appeal this determination, you may contact the ADA Compliance Officer, Pat Hyland. The ADA Compliance Officer will investigate the matter and provide you with a determination within five (5) business days.

If you are not in agreement with the decision you may file a formal discrimination complaint. See the process below for filing a formal discrimination complaint.

What can I do if the Instructor refuses my approved accommodation?
If an instructor refuses to provide your approved accommodation, you should contact the DRC Supervisor, Margo Dobbins, in the Disability Resource Center (Room 5997) as soon as possible. If you are not a client of the DRC, you may contact the ADA Compliance Officer, Pat Hyland in the Office of Student Affairs (Room 2002).

After you contact the DRC, they will follow an ADA Review Process with the instructor. During this time, the faculty member will be notified that they must continue to provide your accommodations until a final determination has been made. If the DRC cannot reach a resolution with the instructor and/or Dean, the matter will be referred to the Vice President of Instruction for review and decision. The faculty member may appeal this decision to the President, however your accommodation will remain in place even through the appeal. You will be notified of the results within ten (10) business days.

If you are not in agreement with the decision you may file a formal discrimination complaint, see the process below for filing a formal discrimination complaint.

How to file a Formal Discrimination Complaint.
We encourage you to try to resolve your ADA complaint through the accommodation review process, however it is your right to file a discrimination complaint with the ADA Compliance Officer, Pat Hyland, at any point during the process, without going through the informal process.

If you find that your complaint involves the ADA Compliance Officer, you may alternatively contact the Vice President of Student Services, Denise Swett at (650) 949-7524 to file your formal complaint.

You may also file a complaint with the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, in accordance with procedures available at, or from the following contact information:
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
50 Beale Street, Suite 7200
San Francisco, CA 94105-1813
Telephone: (415) 486-5555
Top of page September 18, 2013