Ways to Clear a Prerequisite:
- Proof of coursework taken at another U.S. college/institution:
- Requires submission of an unofficial transcripts with a grade of C or
better AND a course description from the school catalog at the time you took the class.
- AP Test score of 3 or higher:
- Attach a copy of AP test score.
- Assessment/Placement Exam score (Math, English, ESLL, Chemistry).
- Proof of coursework taken at a college outside the U.S.:
- Requires a Foothill counselor or departmental approval; and
- must include an evaluated foreign transcript with course descriptions.
- Other/Challenge: If you do not meet any of the above, a prerequisite clearance requires dean or director approval.
- Download Prerequisite Clearance Form.
- Fill out the form completely and attach the required documentation stated on the form.
- Fax, mail, e-mail or drop off the completed form and the required documentation to the Counseling Office.
- Once we have received the form, it will be processed in the order they are received and should
take no longer than 5 working days for it to be processed before attempting to register.
Please Note: You will only be notified by e-mail if your clearance petition has been denied.
To Submit Form and Required Documents
Admissions and Records, Bldg. 8100
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022