How to Get Started in Foothill's Child Development Program
I want to be a new student at Foothill... help? What do I do next?
- Start by going online to www.foothill.edu and click on Apply and Register
apply for admission to Foothill College.
- When you submit your application, you will receive a Campus Wide ID (CWID).
Using your CWID you can Register for classes on MyPortal.fhda.edu
- Follow the Guidelines to search for classes and register for the classes you want.
Trying to decide which Child Development class to take first?
- For a fast look at the Child Development courses offered this quarter,
go to the Child Development website
for a listing and description.
- View the power point slide presentation for guidelines about which courses
to take first. Hint: Start with CHLD 56N or CHLD 88 first.
- When you have made a decision, log onto MyPortal
with your CWID and register for the class you want.
Questions about registration?
- If you have questions about online admissions and registering, call the Sunnyvale Center Admissions and Registration office during office hours at (650) 949-6980.
- Or contact the Main Campus Admissions and Records Office.
- Plan to attend the next New Student Orientation held at the end of each quarter
just before the new quarter begins. Watch for announcements on the website and on Facebook.
- Full time faculty are not available for advising during the summer.
- See the Counseling web page to make an appointment.
Contact Nicole Kerbey
, M.A. Faculty and Department Chair, at email@example.com.
Welcome to the Child Development Program at Foothill College!