The ASFC Ambassador Program is the campus hospitality outreach organization. Under the supervision of the Student Activities Specialist, the Lead Ambassador assumes primary assisting responsibilities for Welcome Week, ASFC events, and general ambassador support. This student employee serves as a visible contact, providing information using the campus map and student handbook. As the Lead Ambassador, student should learn to anticipate work that needs to be done and act in advance to ensure the success of an event. Responsibilities will include:
- Direct campus tours
- Delegate tasks to event volunteers at ASFC activities
- Help to promote, set up, participate in and clean up after events
- Staff campus information tables during quarter startups and special events
- Help develop outreach presentations for high school students
- Go with outreach staff to high schools and college fairs, and may present information about the College on speaking panels.
- Become knowledgeable about student-run businesses and the Campus Center, and perform related duties as assigned.
- Effectively relate to people of diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Enroll in at least 6 units each quarter of employment
- Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average
- Show proficiency in basic computer skills and software (Microsoft Word)
- Behave and dress professionally
- Proficiency in Excel and Power Point software
- Familiarity with campus offices, locations, programs and services
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative
- Two-quarter commitment is preferred.
Schedule options are between 9am and 5pm Monday through Thursday. Must be present to help with Wednesdays, 10am-1pm, for “College Hour”. There will be extended hours during the first week of each quarter.