When emailing the above address (firstname.lastname@example.org), please take care to include all letters of my first and last names.
Writing Guidelines for Anthropology:
From Andrew Kindon, West Valley College
Physical Anthropology Lab
Exploring Physical Anthropology: A Lab Manual & Workbook
2nd edition. Walker-Pacheco. (2010)
Cultural Anthropology: The Human Challenge. Haviland, Prinz, Walrath & McBride. 13th Edition. Wadsworth (2010).
Annual Editions: Anthropology 13/14. Angeloni, Elvio ed. 36th Edition. McGraw-Hill/Dushkin (2012).
• Students will have tools to better understand and appreciate the diversity of human behavior in small-scale and more complex societies, including their own, through an ability to recognize and articulate the characteristics and elements of culture, and the ways in which anthropologists study and explain the diversity of human behavior around the world.
• Students will expand their awareness of the peoples of the world, and the different ways of living and being in the world, through an exposure to a variety of ethnographic studies and cross-cultural explorations.
• Students will have a new set of skills to better understand and address conflicts and social issues by learning to apply anthropological methods and principles, particularly to holism, recognizing ethnocentric biases, and practicing cultural relativism, to solve human problems on the local, regional, and world scales.
Weekly Reading List
Museum Extra Credit Project
1) Introduction to Anthropology
3) Fieldwork and Ethnography
6) Gender, Social Identity and Personality
7/8) Subsistence/Economic Systems
Midterm Study Guide
Annual Editions Midterm Prep
9/10) Marriage, Sex and Family
12)Politics,Power, and Violence
13) Religion and Spirituality
The symbolism and iconography of classical Gnosticism and other mystery religions
2002 A.A. Individual Studies - Foothill College
2004 B.A. Anthropology - University of California Santa Barbara
2006 M.A. Classical Archaeology - University of Leiden
Gnostic Imagery from the Beginning of our Era to Today. Rose+Croix Journal, vol 8. 2011.
An Isis Timeline. Rosicrucian Digest, vol. 99. 2010.
Essene Ethnicity. Rose+Croix Journal, vol. 5. 2008.
-Presentations and Online Media-
An Isis Timeline
Online audio presentation of own article for the Rosicrucian Digest, 2010
An Orphic Timeline
Online audio presentation for the Rosicrucian Digest, 2008
Introduction to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, 2009